Dr Michael Goggin
- Associate Professor in Ophthalmology at the University of Adelaide
- Director of Post-graduate Training in Ophthalmology at The Queen Elizabeth Hospital, Adelaide
- Fellow of the Royal College of Surgeons – Ireland
- Fellow of the Royal College of Ophthalmologists – London
- Fellow of the Royal Australian and New Zealand College of Ophthalmologists
- Master of Surgery, University of Adelaide
- Member of the American Society of Cataract & Refractive Surgeons (ASCRS)
- Member of the Australasian Society of Cataract & Refractive Surgeons (AUSCRS)
- Member of the European Society of Cataract & Refractive Surgeons (ESCRS)
Dr Michael Goggin has been working in the field of ophthalmology since 1984, training in Ireland and Australia in all aspects of modern ophthalmic surgery. His primary interest is excimer laser vision correction. He has been performing and researching laser vision correction since 1993 and is an internationally recognised authority on the analysis and treatment of astigmatism. He has published over 50 research papers in international, peer-reviewed, quality assured scientific journals and continues to research, publish and present his work at scientific conferences in Australia, Europe and America. His research work in laser vision correction earned him the degree of Master of Surgery at the University of Adelaide. He also instructs other established laser surgeons in methods of improving patient outcomes.
Of course, all of this experience and research comes from the quality care of patients. He has been performing excimer laser vision correction in Adelaide since 1998. Dr Michael Goggin places the highest premium on his direct personal involvement in all stages of pre- and post-operative patient care along with meticulous delivery of surgical treatment to ensure the best outcome. This care is delivered in an entirely patient-focused environment to ensure a pleasant experience for those undergoing treatment at Ashford Advanced Eye Care.
Apart from excimer laser vision correction he also runs a busy general ophthalmology clinic including cataract, eyelid and glaucoma surgery and has a special interest in diseases of the cornea and ocular surface.